Quantitative Thinking has been adopted as a graduate requirement,
to start with the class of 2011 (entering fall, 2007).
This program is interdisciplinary, involving
courses that include statistics, economics, political science,geography
and journalism. The goal of this graduation requirement is
to enable students to
- Describe the world quantitatively,
- Evaluating sources and quality of data.
- Distinguish between association and causation,
- Understand and deal with trade-offs,
- Understand and deal with uncertainty and risk, and
- Be able to handle estimation, modeling, and scale.
Project Director: David
Associate Director: Daniel