Internships in the arts have helped three students realize that one can build a career in the art world.
An internship with the Midwest Art Conservation Center highlighted the value of art for Kelsey Coia ’16.
Grad School Prep
Michelle Lee ’14 won a summer internship that helps students prepare for graduate school.
Among the Treasures
Hilary Schroeder interned at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Art in New York
Larsen Husby was a curatorial intern for a gallery in New York City. more
Put your money on Hannah Anderson-Dana '13. She is determined to find out about careers that can evolve from studying art history, and she’s made a good start already. more
- Muyuan He '17, (Shenzen, China) interned as a graphic designer at Bedlam Theatre in Minneapolis and The Works Museum in Bloomington, MN.
- Kelsey Coia'16, (Arlington, VA) was an intern with the Midwest Art Conservation Center at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
- Hao Guo '16, (Beijing, China) was a studio assistant at Potekglass studio in Minneapolis.
- Katherine Rosenman '16, (Washington, D.C.) interned at Groveland Gallery in Minneapolis.
- Joey Portanova '15, (Niles, IL) was a brand strategy intern at Zydeco Design in Minneapolis.
- Avielle Suria '15, (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) was a diversity outreach intern at the Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul.
- Drew Mintz '14, (Albuquerque, NM) was an intern at the design firm Nerland Co. in Minneapolis.
- Drew Mintz '14, and Anna Van Voorhis '14, interned at Free Arts MN, a nonprofit organization bringing the arts to neglected and abused children.
- Art students worked with visiting artist Tattfoo Tan to create Free Seed Libraries to be distributed at public venues as part of the International Roundtable 2012.
- Mike Ferut '12, Highpoint Center for Printmaking, Minneapolis.
- Helena Anderson ’11, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, September 2010–March 2011. Research on drawings in the collection included in an exhibition of the MIA’s “100 Best Drawings.”
- Hannah Anderson-Dana ’11, Mosaic on a Stick, St. Paul.
- Eartha Bell ’11, (Minneapolis, MN), literacy tutor, Dayton’s Bluff Elementary School.
- Alberto Rios de la Rosa '11, (Mexico City), Alice Stone Ilchman Scholar, Peggy Guggenheim Internship Program, Museo D’Arte Moderna, Venice, Italy; Arts and Business Council of New York and Wave Hill Multicultural Arts Management Internship Program, New York City.
- Arella Varga ’11, (St. Paul, MN), organizing intern, Industrial Workers of the World.
- Pei-Hsuan Wang ’10, traveled to Jingdezhen, China, with ceramics professor Gary Erickson to see porcelain production in the city where it was invented. They stayed at Sanbao Ceramics Art Institute and visited universities, museums, and artists’ villages, Summer 2009.
- Yoshi Coryne ’10, Highpoint Center for Printmaking, Minneapolis.
- Chloe Nelson ’10, (Atherton, CA), San Francisco Museum of Contemporary Art; Objet de production, Paris; Community Programs Intern, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis.
- Claire Briguglio ’09, (Williamstown, MA), art administration intern, Urban Arts Academy.
- Legacy Russell ’09, (New York, NY), Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, Bruce High Quality Foundation, New York.
- Kelly Seacrest ’09, (Lincoln, NE), Highpoint Center for Printmaking, Minneapolis.
- Students hand printed postcards highlighting St. Paul neighborhoods disrupted by the Light Rail project, supported by a grant from the Irrigate Initiative.
- Print students created a portfolio for exhibit at the Tokyo Fine Arts University, Fall 2008. A copy is on view at the Macalester Humanities Resource Center.