Carnegie Hall, Room 310
Macalester Economics graduates, as in previous years, have chosen to pursue a broad range of post graduate study and career paths. Here are just a few recent examples:
- Jessica Baier (Seeley Lake, Mont.), Guillermo Medina Benitez ’11 (Mexico City, Mexico), and Saad Anjum ’10 (Karachi, Pakistan) all work for Deloitte in Minneapolis and Gayatri Sarin ’11 (Mumbai, India) works in the New York office.
- Ben Eskin (Bethesda, Md.) works at ICF Consulting in Bethesda, Md.
- Muhammad Imran (Lahore, Pakistan) works at Citigroup in London and Jingjiao Zhang ’12 (Shanghai, China) works in the New York office.
- Kathy Kim (Bellevue, Wash.) and Patrick Piepkorn ’12 (Sauk Rapids, Minn.) both work for Securian Financial Group in St. Paul, Minn.
- Wanyi Li (Shanghai, China) is pursuing a PhD in business administration, strategy and policy at UCLA, Anderson School of Management.
- Mo Liu (Beijing, China) is pursuing a master of finance at MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Qianyi Yang (Nanjing, China), Lauren Martinez ’12 (Redmond, Wash.), Senthuran Raveendranathan ’11 (Colombo, Sri Lanka), and Tristan Taru ’11 (Lacaune, France) all work in the San Francisco, Calif., office of Analysis Group. Rosamond Mate ’12 (Champaign, Ill.) and Ji Choi ’10 (Seoul, South Korea) work for Analysis Group in Colorado, and Adam Freedman ’12 (Glencoe, Ill.) works in the Denver, Colo., office.
- Varini Sharma (New Delhi, India) and Yitang Wang ’12 (Shanghai, China) both work for UBS in New York City.
- Evan Hewitt (Mound, Minn.), Tyson Kratz ’11 (Duluth, Minn.), Krasimir Tomov ’10 (Sofia, Bulgaria) and Disa Sheqem ’08 (Amman, Jordan) all work for 3M in St. Paul, Minn.
- Nikhil Gupta (St. Paul, Minn.) is pursuing a PhD in economics at Princeton.
- Gerbrand Hoogvliet (Zwolle, Netherlands) is in the legal and political theory master’s program at University College in London, England.
- Needham Hurst (Indianapolis, Ind.) is project manager at the New York City Dept. of Housing Preservation and Development.
- Martin Stenman Andersson (Uppsala, Sweden) works for Shorewater Advisors in Minneapolis, MN.
- Alice Anigacz (Brooklyn, NY) works for Mathematica in policy research in New Jersey.
- Saad Anjum (Karachi, Pakistan) works for Deloitte in Minneapolis.
- Aleksander Azarnov (Johvi, Estonia) works for Bank of America/Merrill Lynch in London as a capital markets analyst.
- Soham Banerji (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) works for Optimal Solutions in Washington, DC as a consultant.
- Ji Chio (Seoul, Korea) works at Analysis Group in Denver, CO.
- Atang Gilika (Gaborone, Botswana) works at Analysis Group in Boston.
- Erica Graboyes (Thiensville, WI) works at Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, MN, as an investment banking analyst.
- Stamo Hadjiyski (Sofia, Bulgaria) works at Robert W. Baird & Co in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as an equity capital markets analyst.
- Horatiu Kraus (Tirgu Jiu, Romania) is attending the London School of Economics.
- Besjona Kreka (Elbasan, Albania) works at Cornerstone in Washington, DC as a consultant.
- David Lopez (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) works at the Federal Reserve Bank in St. Louis.
- Adam Muro (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) works at Goldman Sachs in New York as an analyst in institutional sales.
- Chelsea Soo Hyun Park (Seoul, Korea) works as an associate at Samsung Electronics in Korea.
- Mark Smedley (Vancouver, Washington) works at Boeing in Seattle, WA, as an international accounts manager.
- Stephen Snider (Mandeville, Jamaica) works for Ameriprise Financial in Minneapolis, MN.
- Krasimir Tomov (Sofia, Bulgaria) works for 3M in St. Paul, MN.
- Manoj Vemula (Bangalore, India) works at J.P. Morgan in New York as an investment banking analyst.
- Tao Wen (Shanghai, China) works at Ecolab in St. Paul as an associate financial analyst.
- Hao Zou (Suzhou, China) works at the Federal Reserve Bank in Chicago.
- Phillippa Anastos (Deerfield, MA) works at Ameriprise in Minneapolis.
- Aparna Bhasin (Mumbai, India) is pursuing a master’s degree of social work at Columbia University.
- Todd Copenhaver (Wellesley, MA) works for Wells Fargo in Minneapolis as a financial analyst.
- Jayant Gokhale (Pune, India) works at Analysis Group in San Francisco.
- Adam Golder (Cincinnati, OH) is teaching English in Japan.
- Tara Hottman (Arden Hills, MN) received a highly competitive study scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Colin Hottman (Arden Hills, MN) is pursuing a PhD in economics at Columbia University.
- Alex James (Brooklyn, NY) works at US Bank in Minneapolis as a trust securities operations specialist.
- Andrew Johnson (St. Louis Park, MN) is pursuing a master’s in statistics at the University of Minnesota
- Xiaobo Ke (Fujian, China) is pursuing a PhD in biology at Princeton University.
- David Lewin (Wayland, MA) is working for the Cleveland Caviliers as a basketball operations assistant.
- Xi Luo (Wuhan,China) works at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hiroyuki Miyake (Tokyo, Japan) works at McKinsey in Tokyo, Japan.
- Ephraim Musokiva (Zambie, Tanzania) works for UBS in New York City as a financial analyst.
- Meredeth Pearcy (Plymouth, MN) is working at Beckman Couter in California as a senior specialist in strategic marketing.
- Conrad Lichty (Mount Vernon, Iowa) works at CarVal Investors in Minneapolis.
- Sebastian Wellsjo (Stockholm, Sweden) works at the Analysis Group in Menlo Park, CA.
- Keaton White (Denver, CO) received a Fulbright Scholarship to Japan to study consumer preferences and country-of-origin bias (an extension of his honors thesis).
- Luisa Jou Zhang (Maple Grove, MN) works for the United States Department of Agriculture in St. Paul as a financial analyst.
- Aaron A. Block (Seattle, Washington) accepted a position at GridPoint in Washington D.C. as a utility analyst
- Alissa Buckingham (Salt Lake City, Utah) works at Goldman Sachs in Salt Lake City.
- Varun Dutt (Bombay, India) accepted a position at Citigroup in Singapore.
- Thomas Fillebeen (Placerville, Colorado) attended Vanderbilt University for a master’s in financial engineering and now is a trader at Gelber Group in Chicago.
- Melissa French (Cambridge, MN) accepted a position at Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, MN.
- Jonas Hiltrop (Doetlingen, Germany) accepted a position at Cornerstone Research in Boston.
- Benjamin Gan (San Francisco, California) accepted a position at Franklin Templeton Investments in San Francisco.
- Viet Hoang (Hanoi, Viet Nam) attended New York University for a master’s of mathematical finance and currently works at Goldman Sachs in New York City.
- Murat Ilgen (Istanbul, Turkey) accepted a position at Analysis Group in Menlo Park, CA.
- Bunsake Itamara (Tokyo, Japan) accepted a position at Secured Capital in Japan.
- Katherine Lim (Shoreview, MN) accepted a position at the Urban Institute, Tax Policy Center in Washington D.C.
- Daniel Liu (Singapore) accepted a position at Wells Fargo in San Francisco.
- Andrew Mykletun (Oslo, Norway) works at Analysis Group in Boston.
- Kaitlyn Orr (Shawnee Mission, Kansas) accepted a position at Deloitte Consulting in Minneapolis, MN.
- Batnairamdal Otgonshar (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia) works at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Mongolia.
- Joe Parilla (St. Paul, MN) accepted a job at Optimal Solution Group in Washington, DC.
- Auyon Rahman (Bangladesh) works at International Finance Corporation in Bangladesh.
- Andrey Russinov (Almaty, Kazakhstan) accepted a position at Merrill Lynch in London.
- Jun Sasaki (Kyoto, Japan) accepted a position at Merrill Lynch in Tokyo.
- Disa Sheqem (Amman, Jordan) accepted a position at 3M in St. Paul, MN.
- Subechya Shrestha (Kathmandu, Nepal) has accepted a position at Analysis Group in San Francisco.
- Aminata G. Sougou (Dhaka, Senegal) accepted a position at Thomson Reuters Financial in Eagan, MN.
- Venelin Tsonev (Rousse, Bulgaria) accepted a position at Citigroup in London.