Carnegie Hall, Room 310
Expanding the curriculum to include international concerns and perspectives is an ongoing process at Macalester College at large, as well as in the Department of Economics.
Persons interested in an international career in economics and/or business are advised to combine a major in Economics with a major in International Studies or an area studies major. Such a combination would require that a student:
(a) Complete all requirements for a major in Economics (see Curriculum / Major Requirements). Recommended electives include:
* ECON 221 (Introduction to International Economics)
* ECON 323 (Economic Restructuring of Latin America)
* ECON 225 (Comparative Economic Systems)
* ECON 325 (China, Russia and Central Europe in Transition)
* ECON 426 (International Economic Development)
* ECON 422 (International Finance in Historical Perspective)
(b) Complete all requirements for either (1) an International Studies major: Social Science Focus as outlined in the College Catalog or (2) an area studies major (such as East Asian Studies, Latin American Studies, or Central and East European Studies).