Old Main, Room 210
Visiting Instructor English
Nineteenth-century literature and culture, women's fiction, the novel, and theories and histories of reading.
Old Main, 203
Raised in Maryland, Lesley Goodman gradually made her way north, attending Swarthmore College for her BA, followed by Harvard University for her MA and PhD in English literature. Her research and teaching interests include nineteenth-century literature and culture, women's fiction, the novel, and theories and histories of reading. She is currently working on a book about Victorian readers who became angry at authors for "mistreating" their own fictional characters.
- Introduction to the Novel (137-01), Fall
- Tearjerkers (294-02), Fall
- Jane Austen (294-04), Fall
- 19th Century British Literature (230-01), Spring
- The New Woman: Fictions of Feminisms in the 19th Century (294-02), Spring