Olin-Rice Science Center, Room 118
Geology graduates find that their Macalester education has prepared them well whether they seek advanced degrees or choose to work in business.
- Tom Tobin ’08 (Tampa, Fla.) has entered a PhD program in paleobiology at the University of Washington.
- Alexandros Konstantino ’08 (Nicosia, Cyprus) has entered a PhD program in geochemistry and geochronology at Stanford University.
- Scott Persons ’08 (Tuckasegee, N.C.) began a master’s program in dinosaur paleobiology at the University of Alberta (Edmonton) in fall 2008.
- Natalie Juda ’07 (Natick, Mass.) is pursuing a PhD in tectonics and volcanology at Scripps.
- Dhiren Patel ’06 (New Delhi, India) is working as a mine geologist in Leeville, Nevada.
- Cara Harwood ’06 (Lincoln, Neb.) is working on her PhD at the University of California–Davis, studying paleobiology.
- Mara Brady ’05 (Milwaukee,Wis.) is pursuing a PhD in paleobiology at the University of Chicago.
- Christopher Dwyer ’05 (Milwaukee,Wis.) is teaching high school in Chicago.
- Brady Foreman ’04 (Mendota Heights, Minn.) is pursuing a PhD at the University of Wyoming, studying stratigraphy and geochemistry.
- Anna Jerve ’04 (Minneapolis, Minn.) is pursuing a PhD at Uppsala University, Sweden, studying paleobiology.
- Youa Yang ’04 (St. Paul, Minn.) obtained her master’s degree at Temple University, where she studied hydrogeology.
- Michelle Casey ’02 (Blackbird,Va.) is enrolled in a doctoral program atYale University, studying paleobiology.
- Elizabeth Hajek ’02 (Afton, Minn.) is a new tenure-track assistant professor at Penn State University (fluvial sedimentology).
- David Farris ’01 (Northfield, Minn.) is a new tenure-track assistant professor at Florida State University (structural geology).
- Zeb Page ’99 (Chelsea, Mich.) is a new tenure-track assistant professor at Oberlin College (petrology and geochemistry).