Humanities Building, Room 219
Why Hispanic & Latin American Studies?
The department teaches the languages and cultures of the Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian world.
We offer specialized courses in literature, linguistics, U.S. Latina/o studies, translation, and the visual arts.
We believe in serving the Twin Cities communities through service learning, participation in local cultural life, and internships, thereby educating our students both intellectually and civically to become the leaders of tomorrow.
You'll receive information about our department, news updates and event alerts.
We teach Iberian and Latin American Spanish and Portuguese language, culture, literature & art at Macalester College. Follow us for news and awesomeness.
SPRING 2013 COURSES
- Topic: Las Voces de Inmigrantes y Exiliados en la Narrativa Postmoderna Espanola
- Spanish Dialectology
- Dramatic Words: Hispanic Theater & Poetry
- Cultural Resistance & Survival: Indigenous and African Peoples in Early Spanish America
- Luso-Brazilian Studies: Conversations and Composition
- Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics
- Introduction to U.S. Latin@ Studies
- Analysis of Hispanic Texts
- Accelerated Elementary Portuguese