Humanities Building, Room 219
Why Hispanic & Latin American Studies?
The department teaches the languages and cultures of the Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian world.
We offer specialized courses in literature, linguistics, U.S. Latina/o studies, translation, and the visual arts.
We believe in serving the Twin Cities communities through service learning, participation in local cultural life, and internships, thereby educating our students both intellectually and civically to become the leaders of tomorrow.
You'll receive information about our department, news updates and event alerts.
We teach Iberian and Latin American Spanish and Portuguese language, culture, literature & art at Macalester College. Follow us for news and awesomeness.
FALL 2013 COURSES
- FIRST-YEAR COURSE: Spanish in the United States
- FIRST-YEAR COURSE: Viewing through a New Looking Glass: A Journey into US Latina/o Literature
- Topic: Portugal Meets the Other: Portuguese Sailors in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia (15th to 17th Centuries)
- La Frontera: US/Mexico Border
- Romantics, Moderns, and Avant-Gardists
- Accelerated Elementary Portuguese
- Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics
- Introduction to U.S. Latin@ Studies
- Introduction to the Analysis of Hispanic Texts