Old Main, Room 311
September 1-May 31
Weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 1-August 31
Tuesdays 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Why History at Mac?
- Become acquainted with the many, often competing, ways in which historians construct accounts of the past;
- Become conversant with different approaches to textual analysis, with diverse forms of historical representation, with a wide range of conceptual frameworks, and with varied ways of assessing and interpreting evidence from the past;
- Become more proficient in a) using a variety of research and informational tools, b) analyzing and evaluating historical arguments, and c) writing and speaking clearly and concisely;
- Come to appreciate the diversity in human experience through comparisons across time (different historical eras) and space (different geographic regions).
History Current News
- Professor Chris Wells has been invited by the history department at St. Thomas University to give its annual public lecture.
- History grad Olivia Belote ’11 provided a little focus for a Minneapolis Star Tribune weather photo.