Erik Larson, Co-Director
Patrick Schmidt, Co-Director
Law school is one route, but students have gone in many directions in their post-Macalester careers.
- Simeng Han ’10 (Beijing, China) is attending the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University.
- Erin Lowrey ’10 (Whitefish Bay, Wis.) teaches with Teach for America in the Mississippi Delta.
- Clare Ryan ’08 (Amherst, Mass.) is attending Yale Law School.
- Emily Ayoob ’07 (New York, N.Y.) is pursuing a JD at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University.
- Benjamin Finkenbinder ’07 (Bethesda, Md.) is assistant press secretary in the Obama White House.
- Maureen Frank ’07 (St. Paul, Minn.) is pursuing a law degree at William Mitchell College of Law.
- Elizabeth Ho ’07 (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) is pursuing a law degree from Boston University.
- Herschel Nachlis ’07 (Pittsford, N.Y.) is pursuing a PhD in political science at Princeton University.
- John Scully ’07 (Bottineau, N.D.) is pursuing a law degree at the University of St. Thomas.
- Isabelle Chan ’06 (St. Etienne, France) is attending the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.
- Demoya Gordon ’06 (Kingston, Jamaica) completed law school at Boalt Hall at the University of California–Berkeley and is an associate with Faegre & Benson in Minneapolis.
- Rebecca Hossain ’05 (Katy, Texas) is pursuing a master’s in education policy at Columbia University.
- Kathryn Youel ’92 (Richfield, Minn.), winner of the Gateway Writing Prize, served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Nepal, studied law at the University of Michigan, and is now a lawyer for the U.S. Department of State.
- Molly McGinnis ’87 (Grand Rapids, Minn.), a national champion debater while on campus, graduated from the University of Michigan Law School, and practices in Chicago.
- Sarah J. Craven ’85 (Washington, D.C.) graduated from Georgetown University Law Center. After working for the U.S. State Department, she is now the Washington representative of the United Nations Population Fund.
- Mark Lindsay ’85 (Washington, D.C.) was deputy assistant to former President Clinton and is now a consultant with the Livingston Group in Washington, D.C. He received his JD from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.