Humanities Building, Room 203
Below is a list of several schools that offer programs of graduate study in linguistics. Both public and private universities offer excellent programs in all fields of linguistics, and many of them offer programs in applied linguistics as well.
The list below is a sampling of some of the most prestigious programs. For a more comprehensive list, make sure you visit The Linguist List's page on linguistics programs in the United States.
- University of California, Los Angeles. UCLA offers a program in general linguistics as well as an interdisciplinary program in applied linguistics.
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Ohio State University
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Arizona, Tucson
- City University of New York
- State University of New York, Buffalo
- State University of New York, Stony Brook
- University of Oregon, Eugene
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- University of Hawaii, Manoa
- University of Connecticut, Storrs
- University of Washington
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor