Practice rooms are available to all Macalester students at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. They are located on the southwest corner of the first and second floors of the Music Department.
- Any Macalester student registered for studio instruction/private lessons, or
- Any Macalester student enrolled in Music Department Ensembles.
How to Reserve
- A one-time, fully-refundable deposit of $30 is required to reserve an instrument locker.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements.
- Go to Student Accounts in 77 Mac, 102, and let them know you would like to use a Music Department instrument locker. Hours: 8:00 AM - noon, and 1:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday.
- Student Accounts will collect the one-time, fully-refundable, $30 deposit (in cash), and will give you a receipt.
- Bring the receipt to the Music Department office in M201, and you will be assigned a locker.
WHEN LOCKERS ARE AVAilable
Lockers are assigned beginning the first day of classes. During Orientation, first-year students will need to keep their instruments in their dorm rooms.
instrument storage over the summer or during study abroad
Current students who will be returning to Macalester and participating in ensembles or taking lessons are eligible to keep their instrument lockers over the summer or when they are studying abroad. No action is necessary.
Students no longer registered for studio instruction/private lessons or enrolled in Music Department Ensembles are no longer eligible to use Music Department instrument lockers. A full refund for the $30 deposit can be obtained by getting a signed receipt from the Music Department Coordinator, and then going to Student Accounts in 77 Mac, 102.
Do you know the serial number of your musical instrument?
Get it logged. Get it back!
What would happen if your musical instrument were lost or stolen? Would you be able to quickly come up with its serial number? Here's one way you can. Start your very own Personal Inventory with this Google Doc Template. Just open it up and make a copy and start recording the description and serial number of your musical instrument and other valuables.