Carnegie Hall, Room 203
Application : 11:59 pm, October 15, 2013
Recommendation Forms : 11:59 pm, October 15, 2013
dOWNLOAD THE RECOMMENDATION FORM
As part of the selection process, interviews with finalists will be conducted during October.
Who Should Apply?
The course is an upper-level Political Science class open to Macalester juniors and sophomores in good academic standing (first preference will be given to juniors). Students need not be Political Science majors to apply.
- All applicants are required to work full-time with their organizational partners from Monday, May 19 to Friday, July 25, 2014 (excepting the 4th of July holiday) and be available to meet with the other fellows during the same time frame. If you cannot fulfill this time commitment, you should not apply. All paid, unpaid, or voluntary summer work must be discussed with Professor Dolan and clearly indicated on the application.
- The Chuck Green Fellows will be expected to actively participate in all class sessions in the spring term, work collaboratively with one another as well as the client partners throughout the fellowship, and be available to serve as peer advisers for the class of fellows to follow in their footsteps the next Spring.
- The seminar is assessed on a "S/SD/N with Written Evaluation" basis. The ungraded seminar is approved for inclusion on Political Science major plans.
- We are particularly interested in applicants who can demonstrate that they work well with others, are courageous, creative, gutsy, conscientious, inventive, hard working, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM, OCTOBER 15, 2013
Your application includes five components:
- Application. Download and complete the form and re-title the file "Lastname_Firstname_ChuckGreenApp" Email to email@example.com
- One-page resume. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommendation from a Macalester student-peer. Download recommendation form here.
- Recommendation from a mentor (e.g., professor, employer, or supervisor). Download recommendation form here.
- Unofficial transcript. We will add this to your file. You don't need to submit this
All materials and recommendation are due by 11:59 pm, October 15, 2013. We will not consider incomplete or late applications.
The Chuck Green Fellowship selection committee will give careful consideration to all completed applications. Applicants who are off-campus during the fall semester should indicate where they will be and provide contact information to facilitate a telephone or Skype interview.
Any questions about the Chuck Green Fellowship should be directed to:
Professor Julie Dolan, email@example.com , 651-696-6483.