Psychology faculty are frequent guests on Macalester Talks' podcast series
Olin-Rice Science Center, Room 321
SAMPLE COURSE SYLLABI
- Inside the Animal Mind
- Community Psychology and Public Health
- Psychology of Language
- Mind Reading: Understanding Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Faculty Research Questions
- How do we use language to get an idea from one brain to another?
- How does the nervous system control learning of new motor responses, such as dance steps?
- How does learning about diversity issues affect a person's racial attitude?
- How does the brain support object recognition and reading?
- How and why do women’s attitudes about their bodies change through the lifespan?
- What are the qualities of effective alliances across differences of social identity?
Above is a subset of the research inquiries currently underway in our Psychology Department, highlighting the diversity of perspectives available, including developmental, cognitive, social, clinical, neuroscientific, cultural, and educational approaches.