Theatre Production Audition
- All theatre production auditions are open to all Macalester students.
- THDA majors are expected to have prepared monologues; students who have taken acting classes may wish to use the monologues they prepared in class. Non-majors are welcome to audition with scripts-in-hand, or come a little early to auditions and use materials provided at auditions.
- Scripts for the season’s shows are available for perusal in the THDA office.
- Specific production requirements and audition requests (singing, physicality, accents, etc.) will be detailed by the director of each production and posted with the audition sign-up in plenty of time for students to prepare. Students are welcome to contact the director with questions about audition requirements.
- Students will need to list their class and extra-curricular schedules at the time of audition so the director can consider all conflicts when casting and scheduling.
Dance Concert Audition
- All dance concert auditions are open to all Macalester students.
- Students do not need to bring prepared material to the audition. Each choreographer will teach a couple of movement phrases to the entire group. Dancers will then perform the choreography in smaller groups. A structured improvisation is generally given at some point in the two-hour audition.
- Students may indicate on the sign-in sheet the dances in which they are particularly interested in being cast.
- Students will need to list their class and extra-curricular schedules at the time of audition so the choreographers can consider all conflicts when casting and scheduling.