The goals of Bush Faculty Development Program on Race and Diversity are to help faculty:
(1) To develop new pedagogical techniques and advising skills,
(2) Gain a deeper understanding and improve effectivenss as teachers and advisors of students with differing racial designations and cultural backgrounds,
(3) Work with students and staff together in support of curricular enrichment, service, community-based learning, increased hiring and retention of faculty of color,
(4) Participate in cross-campus discussions of racial difference, privilege, inequality and mutual understanding,
(5) Redesign substantially the content and method of otherwise well-established and succuessful courses and to design new courses in light of the intellectual challenges of racial and cultural difference.