Markim Hall, Third Floor
Monday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-noon
Macalester students, faculty and staff are actively involved in public scholarship and civic learning locally, nationally and internationally.
The "esprit de corps" of the campus is engagement -- of ideas and action towards a more just and responsible world. More than 90 percent of our students participate in some form of community-based work before they graduate. We work in reciprocal partnership with community organizations in the Twin Cities to provide learning experiences that will also enrich the community.
Please view the "First in Our Families" short films created by Macalester students, staff and alumni. The films focus on the reflections and experiences of first generation students at Macalester and beyond. This work is a product of a First Generation Digital Storytelling Workshop hosted by Jane Van Galen and Class Action during Fall semester 2015.
- Feb 13 "Voluntine's Day: A date with service" & Mac's Annual Leadership Conference
- Feb 17 Last Day to Submit to Spring 2016 IGC Photo Contest
- Feb 18 Global Citizenship in the News: Behind the Coin Toss
- Feb 26 The Live It! Fund application for Summer 2016 deadline is TODAY
- Feb 27 International KidsFest
Macalester is one of only 361 institutions that has been awarded the prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification for excellence in civic engagement.