Markim Hall, Third Floor
Monday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-noon
Macalester students, faculty and staff are actively involved in public scholarship and civic learning locally, nationally and internationally.
The "esprit de corps" of the campus is engagement -- of ideas and action towards a more just and responsible world. More than 90 percent of our students participate in some form of community-based work before they graduate. We work in reciprocal partnership with community organizations in the Twin Cities to provide learning experiences that will also enrich the community.
- Apr 2 Discussion: Greece in Turmoil
- Apr 2 Challenging Inequality: Latin@ Workers Taking back our Economy
- Apr 6 Life After Mac: Career in Sustainability
- Apr 7 Exploring our Relationship to Achievement and Affirmation - an Evening of Reflection for Seniors
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 14 Defending the Devil: Representing Accused War Criminals at International Tribunals
Macalester is one of only 361 institutions that has been awarded the prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification for excellence in civic engagement.