I. PurposeThe purpose of Mac Clabbers is to offer the supplies, resources, space, and opportunity for Macalester students to engage in the board game SCRABBLE. Mac Clabbers will organize, support, and participate in tournaments. The club will participate in SCRABBLE related activities on and off the Macalester College campus.
II. MembershipA. Restrictions
- Membership in Mac Clabbers is open to all students.
- Minimum. There must be at least two members of Mac Clabbers because it takes at least two people to play SCRABBLE.
- Maximum. Membership is umlimited.
- Selection. No selection is necessary, since everyone is welcome.
- Revocation. Termination of membership in Mac Clabbers will take place if such a termination is ordered by a 3/5 vote of the Mac Clabbers board, Macalester College, or the UN.
III. OfficersA. Officers
- Capitan. La or El Capitan will be the general overseer of the organization. She or he is responsible for representing the organization, attending a majority of the meetings, and making sure the officers to their jobs.
- Skipper. The Skipper is responsible for organizing on campus game sessions and participating in off campus tournaments.
- Keeper of the Holy Book. The Keeper of the Holy Book will have the sacred duty of protecting the Official SCRABBLE dictionary, settling rule disputes, maintaining order, and managing game resources.
- Bursar. The Bursar will be responsible for keeping track of and allocating money and for submitting the budget every semester. She or he will also be responsible for the purchasing of game boards at the highest possible Quality : Cost ratio.
- Tastee Boi or Grrl. The Tastee Boi or Grrl will be responsible for publicity, communication, announcements, and tastee snax for meetings when allowed.
- Membership in the group and approval of Current Officers are the only qualifications for office.
- The current board, with input from members, will make the decisions regarding who will fill the necessary positions who will fill the necessary positions for the next year.
- A 3/5 majority of the present members and officers will be required to remove an officer, except in cases where removal is ordered by Macalester College, Minnesota, National, or any body of International Law that Mac Clabbers recognizes as legitimate.
IV. AdvisorNo advisor is required by charter. An advisor may be appointed or removed by a 3/5 vote of the members and / or officers. Advisors are required to have dinner with the board once a semester in order to review the activities of the organization and offer sage advice.
- Meetings will be held based on the needs of the membership. Weekly meetings are recommended.
- Members will be notified of upcoming meetings and announcements by e-mail, website calendar, and signs as soon as information is available.
- In order for a meeting to be official, two members must be present. In order for official business to take place, 3/5 of the officers must be present.
- Any board member of Mac Clabbers may call a meeting.
VI. ElectionsOfficers will come in to office in accordance with III-C in a biyearly general meeting.
VII. FinancesA. Dues
- Mac Clabbers does not require any dues of its members. Members are free to make a contribution if they deem it necessary.
- The Bursar (see III-A-4) will be responsible for all matters relating to money in accordance with the wishes of the officers and members.
VIII. AmendmentsA. Notification
- Members will be notified of proposed amendments through e-mail and / or at general meetings.
- A vote of 3/5 of those present at the meeting or of those responding to an e-mail. A 3/5 vote of the board is required as well.
IX. Sunset ClauseThis charter will expire on March 1st 2009, at which time it may be resubmitted for renewal and must be re-approved by the Legislative body.