Thursday, September 15, 2005
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Michael Schneider, Joan Ostrove, Linda Schulte-Sasse, Peter Weisensel, Ruthanne Kurth-Schai (Chair), Karl Wirth, Diane Michelfelder, Beth Cleary
- The honorary degree committee needs a volunteer. They begin to meet in spring semester. Cleary volunteered.
- The minutes from the meeting of September 8 were reviewed, tweaked, and approved.
- The Sociology review documents (reviewer’s report and department response) were discussed.
- Linguistics: There was some review of the history of actions in the recent years. The provost will work with Linguistics department rather than there being an EPAG liaison. There was discussion of whether a curricular proposal could be shaped in time to allow for a faculty search as early as January. It’s the preference of EPAG that instead of the faculty of the Linguistics Program joining the committee for exploratory conversations, that the faculty brings with them a curricular proposal ready to be reviewed.
- A revised Curricular Renewal process calendar was distributed. Schulte-Sasse will work with Weisensel on International requirement. Lunch calendars were discussed; Thursdays are the preferred days. The chair will email yet another revision. There was discussion of suggesting abbreviated or perhaps even no reports at next faculty meeting so that the introduction of new faculty would not be delayed any further.
- Wirth distributed a draft document for soliciting faculty feedback. It was tweaked and will be re-tweaked for next week’s meeting.
Adjourned at 4:26 p.m.