Thursday, October 13, 2005
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Linda Schulte-Sasse, Peter Weisensel, Ruthanne Kurth-Schai (Chair), Karl Wirth, Jayne Niemi, Caroline Ettinger, Beth Cleary, Diane Michelfelder
- Minutes: The minutes from the last meeting approved with minor corrections.
- Student Representative: There was a round of introductions for the benefit of the student representative, Caroline Ettinger. Caroline is a first year student, from New York City who plans majors in both political science and mathematics.
- Announcements & Updates: Jayne distributed a document that outlines a change in the daily class schedule, as proposed last year by members of the Psychology Department. A motion for change in the daily class schedule must be presented for voting no later than the December faculty meeting in order to be used in the 06-07 academic year. Also, the Religious Studies review and response has been distributed to the committee. Please read it and be ready to discuss it next week (hopefully). RKS received a draft of a linguistics proposal. As soon as we have a full proposal, it will appear on the EPAG agenda. Remember that during fall break week, we will meet on Tuesday, not Thursday. By the end of that meeting, we must have motions to present to the faculty. We may need to extend the meeting time on the 25th past the typical 4:30 end-time. We agreed to meet on Tuesday, Nov 1 (instead of Thu 11/3) because of Ruthanne’s absence. Regular meeting times will resume on the 10th.
- Curricular Renewal process: There was an update on on-line feedback. The Writing Requirement lunch was well attended. Attendees from EPAG reported on the feedback and discussion from the lunch.
- Implementation Recommendations: The Committee worked on revising the draft of implementation document, with the goal of posting a “discussion draft” on the web, along with the feedback data.
Adjourned at 4:30 p.m.