Thursday, October 20, 2005
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Linda Schulte-Sasse, Peter Weisensel, Ruthanne Kurth-Schai (Chair), Karl Wirth, Jayne Niemi, Caroline Ettinger, Beth Cleary, Michael Schneider, Joan Ostrove
- Minutes: The minutes from the last meeting were approved.
- Student Representation: Gretchen Solomon will be our second student representative. We hope to see her at our next meeting. Gretchen has prior experience on EPAG.
- Course approval request: The Classics Department proposed a 2-credit January topics course to be offered in January 2006, in Turkey. The course was approved.
- Department Review: The discussion of the Religious Studies department review and response will be on the 11/1 agenda.
- Linguistics: The Linguistics program has submitted a proposal for a new major. The proposal will be discussed at either the 11/10 or 11/17 meeting.
- Curricular Renewal: Drafts of motions, except for the first year course, were distributed. We must have our motions prepared by November 1. We began discussion on the internationalism requirement. Ruthanne will email drafts to all of us. For the next meeting, we should have several draft versions from which to choose. Earlier, Ruthanne had sent us email with assigned requirements. Each of us should rewrite our assigned requirement to incorporate the feedback that was received. Our next meeting is on Tuesday, October 25th, and its end time will depend on how quickly our work is done!
Adjourned at 4:48 p.m.
Jayne Niemi, Registrar