Thursday, November 17, 2005
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Ruthanne Kurth-Schai (Chair), Jayne Niemi, Beth Cleary, Joan Ostrove, Michael Schneider, Ellen Guyer, Karl Wirth, Peter Weisensel, Diane Michelfelder, Linda Schulte-Sasse
- Minutes: The minutes from the last meeting were approved.
- Subcommittee Assignment: The Academic Standing subcommittee will be meeting on January 4th. Joan plans to be there to represent EPAG.
- Meeting Schedule: Next week we will meet on Tuesday, Nov 22nd. It’s likely that the allocations process will be discussed at that meeting.
- Substitute Chairing: Ruthanne will be away on Dec 8th, and we need someone to serve as chair for that meeting. Think about it and volunteer!
- Curricular Renewal: We celebrated the passage of the new graduation requirements and reviewed the process that led us to that point. Ruthanne thanked the committee, and the committee reciprocated with a round of applause. We shared positive reactions about the high quality of the discussion at the faculty meeting.
- Study away appeals: Eight appeals were reviewed. EPAG found no evidence that SARC misapplied the guidelines for study away, and recommended to the Provost that SARC’s decision be upheld in all eight cases. The Provost will notify the students accordingly.
Adjourned 4:29 p.m.
Jayne Niemi, Registrar