April 13, 2006
8-9:30 a.m. Humanities 309
Beth Cleary, Ellen Guyer, Mahnaz Kousha, Gary Krueger, Ruthanne Kurth-Schai (Chair), Diane Michelfelder, Michael Schneider, Peter Weisensel, Karl Wirth
- Minutes: The minutes from the last meeting were approved.
- Meeting reminders: Department Chairs visit is on Tuesday the 25th, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., in Campus Center 207. Appeal meeting (for faculty on EPAG only) is on Wednesday, April 19th, at 6 p.m. in Humanities 309.
- Updates: General Education Subcommittees (GES) are up and running. Karl taking input on course forms. Handbook revisions/position statements: bring them to the April 27th meeting. Proposal to add another ex officio member to EPAG would require a change to the bylaws.
- Study away appeals: The committee considered six appeals to decisions of the Study Away Review Committee. Three of the appeals had requested full-year study away, and SARC only granted one semester approval. All three of these appeals were granted. The other three students’ appeals were denied, since EPAG saw no procedural grounds on which the appeals were based. Those students were encouraged to apply in the next round, with no guarantees of acceptance. The notification letters to these students will be sent by Ruthanne.
- Allocations: Since this entire meeting was taken up by the preceding items of business, there was no time left to devote to allocations. Therefore, we rearranged the schedule so that the next regular meeting will concentrate solely on allocations. We also scheduled an extended allocations meeting on Thursday, May 4th from 10:30-2:30, location to be announced.
Adjourned 9:34 a.m.
Jayne Niemi, Registrar