March 11 , 2008
Present: Eric Wiertelak, Diane Michelfelder, Pete Ferderer, Dan Keyser, Kendrick Brown (Chair), David Martyn, Karl Wirth, Terri Fishel, Peter Weisensel, Manoj Vemula, Paul Maitland-Mckinley, Jayne Niemi (late)
1. Minutes of March 4 - approved.
2. Honors Program - Kendrick distributed a memo to departments about the Honors Program. He requested we review and provide feedback before the next meeting in two weeks.
3. Global Citizenship Concentration - Kendrick will be meeting with the President, Provost, Ahmed Samatar, Andrew Latham, and David Moore on the 12th. After the meeting, the proposal will be brought to EPAG.
4. Implementation of Academic Structure Revision – Kendrick outlined additional changes that will be affected: course catalog, handbook, bylaws. A friendly amendment was prepared to address the need to stipulate who approves changes and makes recommendations for approval. The IGC proposal will be reviewed under the old rules, the Public Health concentration will be reviewed under new rules. Kendrick will prepare the wording of the friendly amendment for the faculty meeting. Compliance for the new rules will be requested for January 15, 2009.
5. CST Director Search – EPAG will be interviewing the candidate at the next meeting on March 26th or date based on availability of candidate.
Adjourned at 6:05
Respectfully submitted by Terri Fishel