March 25, 2008
4:30 – 6:10 Campus Center 214
Kendrick Brown (Chair,) Pete Ferderer , Ellen Guyer, Dan Keyser, Paul Maitland-McKinley, David Martyn, Diane Michelfelder, Tom Poulos (substituting for Manoj Vemula,) Peter Weisensel, Karl Wirth
From 4:35 to 5:10 the members of EPAG minus the student members met with a candidate for the position of Director of the Center for Scholarship and Teaching.
1. The minutes from the March 11 meeting were approved.
2. The memo to Department Chairs regarding the Honors program was approved and will now be distributed.
3. The review of the Geography and Urban Studies Department was distributed. Questions or comments should be sent to Kendrick Brown via email by Monday, March 31.
4. Kendrick Brown distributed a draft of a motion to amend the Constitution regarding the definition of voting members of the faculty. This will be on our April 1 agenda.
5. We continued our discussion of the Global Citizenship concentration proposal. Andrew Latham will be asked to join us at our next meeting to discuss two remaining items: who is able to teach the required courses in the event that the faculty who usually teach them are on leave; what are the criteria they will use to ascertain whether a course should be included on the list of supporting courses. He will also be asked to provide catalog copy for the concentration. EPAG has conditionally approved the concentration contingent upon receiving this information.
6. We briefly discussed the proposal from the Educational Studies program to offer an Interdepartmental Concentration instead of a minor. Ruthanne Kurth-Schai will join us at a future meeting to discuss this proposal.
Adjourned at 6:10.
Respectfully submitted by Ellen Guyer