- Macalester AIA's and Librarians
- DigitalCommons @ Macalester - Please contact Johan Oberg, Digital Scholarship and Services Librarian at Macalester, for more information.
- Archives and Respositories
A list publicly accessible data repositories, selected by the UofMN Libraries.
- The Association of Religion Data Archives
Data submitted by religion scholars and research centers across the world.
- Cultural Policy and the Arts Data Archive
Data on the arts and cultural policy in the United States.
- The Dataverse Network Project
An open source application to publish, share, reference, extract and analyze research data.
- List of open access data depositories, by academic field.
Freebase is an open, Creative Commons-licensed repository of structured data.
- Guidelines for Effective Data Management (by ICPSR)
- ICPSR (Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research)
- Note: with Mac’s membership in ICPSR, there are no additional charges for data storage.
- List of Online Data Repositories
Created by Purdue University Libraries Extensive list, searchable by keyword.
- CNI YouTube Video: NSF Dataplan Requirements (58 minutes)
- Cornell Guide
- University of Minnesota Libraries: Data Management Guide
The NSF Training Requirement on Responsible Conduct
In January 2010, the National Science Foundation (NSF) implemented a requirement that all undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers who work on NSF-funded research receive training on the responsible conduct of research. Other federal agencies have also implemented such mandates (e.g., National Institute of Health).
For more information, please see the Macalester Advancement Office's statement about this requirement.