St. Paul, MN 55105
Comments & questions to:
Green Building Resources
Now that you’ve seen the EcoHouse, want to try it yourself? The following links provide information about sustainable building materials and energy efficiency. This list is not all inclusive; many more products and resources may be available in our area.
- Remodeling – Where to find reused, salvaged or surplus items, countertops, flooring, furniture, tile, paints and finishes in the Twin Cities area.
- Appliances and Electronics – Save electricity and money by purchasing ENERGY STAR products and using the EngeryGuide label.
- Water Use – Save water and money by purchasing WaterSense Labeled products. Find ENERGY STAR clothes washers, dishwashers and water heaters.
- Energy Efficiency – Discover ways to become more energy efficient in your home. Find out how to get a home energy audit, DIY sealing and insulating instructions and use online energy audit tools.
- Lighting – Learn about compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) and light-emitting diode (LEDs) and ENERGY STAR labels.
- Landscaping and Patios – Find native and adaptive plants for Minnesota’s climate, landscaping contractors and permeable paver vendors.
- Renewable energy – Find DIY solar and wind projects, solar calculators, and Minnesota solar and small wind installers.
- Building Materials and Techniques – Find different insulation types and building techniques including advanced framing, structural insulated panels, insulated concrete forms and passive solar design.
- Rebates, Loans, and Tax Incentives - Check out State and Federal level rebates, loans, and tax incentives.