Worker's Compensation

Macalester College provides workers' compensation insurance to all faculty and staff, through Travelers Companies, Inc.  This insurance covers all reasonable medical expenses required to cure or relieve the effects of a work-related injury or illness. Workers’ compensation insurance also provides partial payment of an employee’s wages until the employee has reached Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI).

  1. A work-related injury or illness, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately to your supervisor, who will work with you to complete an Injury/Incident Report Form. The completed form must be delivered to and/or faxed to the Employment Services department at 651-696-6612 for processing in a timely manner. The College reserves the right to request satisfactory medical evidence to support the report of injury.
  2. A completed Report of Workability Form must be returned to both the supervisor and Employment Services by fax at 651-696-6612 following each visit to a treating clinician.

For More Information

Related Benefits Forms