Math in Mexico
The Mexican government and national press take notice when a student from Guadalajara starts a math program for kids in his hometown.
Live It! Fund project inspires conversations between Chilean elders and grandchildren.
In Search of Mermaids
Scuba diving and working with local environmentalists, two Live It Fund recipients seek to protect Sri Lanka’s unique environment in the face of development.
THE LIVE IT DREAM IT FUND SEEKS TO ENABLE STUDENTS TO:
- design and live out their own definitions of global citizenship;
- develop the individual’s (or group’s) capacity to enact social change;
- contribute to the common good;
- bring your project back to Mac and share your discoveries here.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2016, 11:59PM
- October 23: Application deadline
- November 14: Final decisions will be announced
- November 15 and November 22: Required project orientation sessions over lunch
- During J-term 2017 academic break: Projects carried out
- January 19, 2017: All financial reporting is due
- February 14, 2017: Presentations session with other J-term recipients
- Projects must take place during J-term 2017 term.
- Students enrolled full-time in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 may apply.
- Students may apply individually or in teams of up to 3 people.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Projects can be completed locally, nationally or internationally (where travel is in compliance with Macalester's U.S. State Department travel policy.)
- Students will be asked to reflect and blog about their experiences to share with the broader Macalester community.
- Upon returning to campus, students will be asked to provide 4 high-res pictures, a summary and quotes about their experience.
- Students must finalize all financials which includes the following: scheduling a meeting with administrative staff to review completed travel expense form and receipts and sending an electronic copy of completed travel expense form at least 2 days prior to the meeting
- We recognize that projects and funding proposals will change. You must stay in contact with the Entrepeneurship staff regarding theses changes.
Please email Jody Emmings at email@example.com