Music Building 011
Main Office Hours
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Friday, 7:15 a.m.-Noon
The Trades department consists of a Building Maintenance Manager and six professional trades people whose responsibilities are to provide needed repairs and ongoing maintenance services to all college facilities for the faculty, staff and students.
Trades Business Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Trades Service Requests
All calls for service are received at the Facilities Management Main Office, including emergency service calls. To request service, complete a Work Order for either a Residence Hall or an Academic & Other Building. Please be as descriptive as possible for the maintenance services needed.
Responsibilities by Trade
- Monitoring timeliness of completion of work order requests and problem solving
- Special operating budget for requested projects
- Special events requests
- General routine carpentry tasks
- Carpentry: Routine carpentry tasks, cabinets, closet tracks, countertops, door frames, security devices, shelves
- Furniture Upkeep and Repair: Bed, bookcase, chair, couch, desk, drawers, dresser, hardware, ladder, mattress, safety rail, tables, wardrobe, bulletin boards, carpet, ceramic tile, closet door, closet dividers, closet pole, door viewer, fem. napkin disp., floor tile, med. cabinet, mirror shade, shelves, soap disp., towel bar, TP disp., window glass, window hardware and other
- Any of the above that are broken, dirty, missing (in part of whole), noisy, out, stuck, torn or that needs paint is the responsibility of a Carpenter II
- Closer, deadbolt, doorstop, hinge, keys, kickplates, lockset and doorchain
- Any of the above that are broken, loose, missing (in part or whole), noisy, or out are the responsibility of the Locksmith
- Ceiling, door, signage, trim, walls
- Any of the above that are dirty, missing, or needs painting are the responsibility of the painter. In addition, the removal of adhesive, graffiti and nails is also done by the painter
Outside contracted services are also used for larger new constructions, renovations or remodeling projects and are managed by the Project Manager. For any assistance, call Kevin Maynard at x6486. New construction, renovation and remodeling projects are submitted with the annual budget report in October-November for consideration and approval through the normal budgeting process.