651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
- If I don’t have a copy of my tax return transcript, will a copy of my tax return be sufficient?
No. The U.S. Department of Education does not consider a tax return to be acceptable documentation for Federal Student Aid Verification purposes. If your FAFSA is selected for verification and you did not/were not able to utilize IRS Data Retrieval, you must order and submit tax return transcripts to the Financial Aid Office.
- How do I order my tax return transcripts?
The fastest way to provide us with your tax return transcript is to get your transcript online using "Get Transcript" at: irs.gov. You must sign up to access a pdf of your tax return transcript. You can then immediately provide us with the information using our secure file transfer.
- How long will it take?
- If you use "Get Transcript," you will have your transcripts immediately.
- If you order your tax return transcript using the Paper Request Form - IRS Form 4506T-EZ - or by phone (800-908-9946), you can expect to receive your transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives and processes their signed request.
- Is there any other reason I would need to order my tax return transcript?
Yes. If you use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to complete your FAFSA and subsequently change it, you will need to send us a copy of your tax return transcripts.
- Are there other types of transcripts I can order from the IRS?
Yes. Make sure to order your tax return transcript and not your tax account transcript. If you submit a tax account transcript to our office, this will not be sufficient to satisfy the verification requirements. You will need to provide a tax return transcript.