- Financial Aid Office
- Apply For Aid
- About Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loans and Financing
- Student Employment
- Consumer Information and Additional Resources
- Contact Us
651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
2017-2018 Early Decision II
Financial Aid Application Instructions (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents)
|Financial Aid Form||
Early Decision I
|Indicate intent to apply for financial aid on admission application||January 1, 2017|
|CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE||January 1, 2017|
|Noncustodial PROFILE (if applicable)||January 1, 2017|
|FAFSA*||January 1, 2017|
|Tax Documents (IDOC Submission)||January 8, 2017|
To apply for financial aid as an Early Decision II candidate, complete the steps below.
- Indicate your intent to apply for financial aid when you complete your admission application in order to be considered for financial aid from Macalester.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
Visit student.collegeboard.org/profile to complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Include Macalester's code (6390) in the school release section. There is a fee associated with filing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. The fee is automatically waived for many low-income filers.
- If your biological/adoptive parents are not married and do note reside in the same household, your noncustodial parent must complete the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE to be considered for financial aid from Macalester. If applicable, you will receive details about the Noncustodial PROFILE service as part of the PROFILE process. There is a fee associated with filing the Noncustodial PROFILE. The fee is automatically waived for many low-income filers.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
File the FAFSA and include Macalester's school code (002358) in the school release section.
*The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal and Minnesota student aid programs. If you wish to be considered for federal and Minnesota programs (and not Macalester financial aid), please see the instructions and contact the Financial Aid Office to express your intent.
- Tax documents (IDOC Submission)
In response to your CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (step 2 above), you will receive information from the College Board IDOC service on behalf of Macalester College. Macalester will use the IDOC service to collect tax documents and applicable supplements requred to apply for financial aid from Macalester.
Your IDOC information will specify which documents are required as part of your financial aid application. In general, they will include your parents' 2015 federal tax return and W2 forms. Parents who do not file a tax return will be asked to complete a Non-Filer Statement (provided by the IDOC service).
If materials are received by the priority filing date, responses to financial aid applications will be sent shortly after notices of admission.
More information about these requirements will be provided at the time of admission.