- Financial Aid Office
- Apply For Aid
- About Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loans and Financing
- Student Employment
- Consumer Information and Additional Resources
- Contact Us
651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
2015-2016 Transfer Students (Fall semester)
|Financial Aid Application Step||Filing Date|
|Indicate intent to apply for financial aid on admission application||April 15, 2015|
|CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE||April 15 , 2015|
|Noncustodial PROFILE (if applicable)||April 22, 2015|
|FAFSA||April 15, 2015|
|IDOC Submission||April 15, 2015|
To apply for financial aid, complete the steps below.
- Indicate your intent to apply for financial aid when you complete your admission application in order to be considered for financial aid from Macalester.
- CSS/ Financial Aid PROFILE
* Visit student.collegeboard.org/profile to complete the College Scholarship Service Financial Aid PROFILE. Include Macalester's code (6390) in the school release section. The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE is required to determine eligibility for financial aid from Macalester.
* If you have not yet have completed your 2014 tax returns, file the PROFILE with estimated figures.
* There is a fee associated with completing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. The fee is automatically waived for many low income filers.
- If your biological/adoptive parents are separated or divorced, your noncustodial parent must complete the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE in order to determine eligibility for financial aid from Macalester. If applicable, you will receive details about the Noncustodial PROFILE service as part of the PROFILE process. There is a fee associated with the Noncustodial PROFILE. The fee is automatically waived for many low income filers.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
* File the FAFSA and include Macalester's school code (002358) in the school section. The FAFSA is required to determine eligibility for Federal Student Aid (and, for Minnesota residents, state aid).
* If you have not yet have completed your 2014 tax returns, file the FAFSA with estimated figures.
- Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
In response to your Financial Aid PROFILE, you will receive information from the College Board IDOC service on behalf of Macalester College. Macalester will use the IDOC service to collect tax documents and applicable supplements required to apply for financial aid from Macalester.
Your IDOC information will specify which tax documents are required as part of your financial aid application. In general, they will include:
* Your parents' 2014 federal income tax return. A non-filer statement should be completed if your parent did not and will not file a 2014 federal income tax return.
* 2014 W2 form(s) for your parents. If your parents do not receive W2 forms, please contact the Financial Aid Office so that we can update our records.
All required documents should be submitted to the IDOC service as one complete package.