- Financial Aid Office
- Apply For Aid
- About Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loans and Financing
- Student Employment
- Consumer Information and Additional Resources
- Contact Us
651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
2015-2016 Mid-Year Transfer Students
To apply for financial aid as a transfer student, complete the steps below.
- Indicate your intent to apply for financial aid when you complete your admission application. Your admissions application is not considered complete without the Financial Aid Profile if you have indicated that you will be applying for financial aid.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- Visit student.collegeboard.org/profile to complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Include Macalester's code (6390) in the school release section. The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE is required to determine eligibility for financial aid from Macalester.
- There is a fee associated with filing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. The fee is automatically waived for many low-income applicants.
- If your biological/adoptive parents are not married, your noncustodial parent must complete the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE in order to determine eligibility for financial aid from Macalester. If applicable, you will receive details about the Noncustodial PROFILE service as part of the PROFILE process.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- File the FAFSA and include Macalester's school code (002358) in the school section.
- You may file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Paper FAFSAs may be ordered by calling 1-800-433-3243.
- You may add Macalester's code to your previously filed FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The FAFSA is required to determine eligibility for Federal Student Aid (and, for Minnesota residents, state aid).
- Tax Documents
Send copies of these documents to the Financial Aid Office:
- Your parents' 2014 federal income tax return. A non-filer statement should be completed if your parent did not and will not file a 2014 federal income tax return.
- 2014 W2 form(s) for your parents. If your parents do not receive W2 forms, please contact the Financial Aid Office so that we can update our records.
- Tax documents are used in determining eligibility for financial aid from Macalester.
|Financial Aid Application Step||Filing Date|
|Indicate intent to apply for financial aid on admission application||October 29, 2015|
|CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE||October 29, 2015|
|October 29 , 2015|
|FAFSA||October 29, 2015|
|Tax Documents||October 29, 2015|
If materials are received by the priority filing date, responses to financial aid applications will be sent shortly after notices of admission.