Tax Return Transcripts

Note: a tax return transcript is different than a tax account transcript. A tax account transcript cannot be used for Federal Student Aid Verification.

  • If I don’t have a copy of my tax return transcript, will a copy of my tax return be sufficient?
    No. Beginning in 2012-2013, the U.S. Department of Education does not consider a tax return to be acceptable documentation for Federal Student Aid Verification purposes. If your FAFSA is selected for verification and you did not/were not able to utilize IRS Data Retrieval to complete questions about your income on your FAFSA, you must order and submit your tax return transcripts to the Financial Aid Office.
  • I tried to order my tax return trancripts, but wasn't able to access my information. Now what?
    You can try using IRS Data Retrieval. If you prefer not to, check the Social Security Number that you are using when attempting to access your tax information. It is reccommended that you use the primary filer's (person listed first on the tax return) SSN and name to access your tax return transcripts.
  • How do I order my tax return transcripts?
      • Download a pdf of your tax return transcript from the IRS web site. You may request a tax transcript by mail from the same web site.
      • Paper Request Form – IRS Form 4506T-EZ. This method allows you to request that the tax return transcript be delivered directly to the Financial Aid Office though it may be slower than the other methods.
      • By phone at: 800-908-9946.
  • Is there any other reason I would need to order my tax return transcript?
    Yes.  If you use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to complete your FAFSA and subsequently change it, you will need to send us a copy of your tax transcripts.