- Financial Aid Office
- Apply For Aid
- About Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loans and Financing
- Student Employment
- Consumer Information and Additional Resources
- Contact Us
651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification and we have requested tax information, you will need to use the IRS data retrieval tool on the FAFSA or provide IRS tax return transcripts. Please note that we cannot accept copies of your actual tax returns for the verification process, nor can we accept tax account transcripts.
- How do I order my tax return transcripts?
- Visit www.IRS.gov to download your tax return transcripts or request them by mail. The IRS website is usually the quickest way to obtain tax return transcripts.
- Request tax return transcripts via a paper form, IRS Form 4506T-EZ. While this method allows you to request that the transcripts be delivered directly to the Financial Aid Office, it may be slower than using the IRS website.
- Order tax return transcripts by phone at 800-908-9946.
- If I don’t have a copy of my tax return transcript, will a copy of my tax return be sufficient?
No. Beginning in 2012-2013, the U.S. Department of Education does not consider a tax return to be acceptable documentation for Federal Student Aid Verification purposes.
- I tried to order my tax return trancripts, but wasn't able to access my information. Now what?
Check the Social Security Number that you are using when attempting to access your tax information. It is recommended that you use the primary filer's (person listed first on the tax return) SSN and name to access your tax return transcripts. Make sure to input all requested information like name and address exactly as it appears on your tax return.