- Financial Aid Office
- Apply For Aid
- About Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loans and Financing
- Student Employment
- Consumer Information and Additional Resources
- Contact Us
651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
- If I don’t have a copy of my tax return transcript, will a copy of my tax return be sufficient?
No. Beginning in 2012-2013, the U.S. Department of Education does not consider a tax return to be acceptable documentation for Federal Student Aid Verification purposes. If your FAFSA is selected for verification and you did not/were not able to utilize IRS Data Retrieval to complete questions about your income on your FAFSA, you must order and submit your tax return transcripts to the Financial Aid Office.
- I tried to order my tax return trancripts, but wasn't able to access my information. Now what?
You can try using IRS Data Retrieval. If you prefer not to, check the Social Security Number that you are using when attempting to access your tax information. It is reccommended that you use the primary filer's (person listed first on the tax return) SSN and name to access your tax return transcripts.
- How do I order my tax return transcripts?
- How long will it take?
Tax filers can expect to receive their tax return transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives and processes their signed request.
- Is there any other reason I would need to order my tax return transcript?
Yes. If you use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to complete your FAFSA and subsequently change it, you will need to send us a copy of your tax transcripts.