651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
Federal Student Aid Programs
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal PLUS Loans
- Federal Perkins Loans
Macalester Financial Aid
- Net Price Estimator
- The Application Process
- How Eligibility is Determined
- Rights and Responsibilities of Financial Aid Recipients Financial Aid and Withdrawal During a Term
- Terms and Conditions of Student Employment
- Loan Repayment Terms
(Also see Rights and Responsibilities of Student Loan Borrowers)
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes. (Also see Academic progress policies at Macalester)
- Off-Campus Study and Financial Aid
- Billing and Student Accounts
General Macalester College Information
College Savings Plans & Prepaid Tuition Plans
(also known as section 529 plans or Qualified State Tuition Plans)
- Earnings on savings invested in College Savings Plans are tax-deferred for federal purposes. Many states also offer tax-deferment on earnings or other tax incentives.
- Withdrawals for qualified educational expenses are not subject to federal income tax.
- Many College Savings Plans offer a variety of investment options.
- Prepaid Tuition Plans are guaranteed to increase in value at the same rate that tuition increases.
- College Savings Plans & Prepaid Tuition Plans may be used at most colleges and universities.
- Plan savings can sometimes be transferred between family members.
General information about financial aid. Includes family contribution estimator and scholarship search services.
A free scholarship search service.
The College Board
General information about paying for college, PROFILE registration, online family contribution estimator.
The United States Department of Education
Information about Federal Student Aid programs.
Finaid.org for Parents
Includes college savings calculator, financial aid estimator, loan information, scholarship search, et al.
The Motley Fool
Consult the Fool for an overview of college savings strategies and calculators.