651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
How to set up an email filter
The Financial Aid Office will often communicate by sending email to your Macalester email address. You can set up a filter in your Macalester email account so that messages from the Financial Aid Office are automatically forwarded to another person (a parent or other person who is helping you to manage your educational expenses). This filter can always be changed or deleted in the future.
Follow these steps to set up an email filter:
1) Log in to your Macalester email account.
2) Click wheel icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings".
3) Choose "Filters" from the Settings Menu
4) Click "Create a new filter"
5) A box will pop up. Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" (without the quotation marks) in the From box and then click "Create filter with this search".
6) In the next box, click "Forward it to:". Next, click "add forwarding address". If you have already set up the desired forwarding address, you can skip to step 12.
7) Click "Add a forwarding address".
8) Enter the email address of the person you'd like to receive a copy of email messages from email@example.com. Then click "Next".
9) Click "Proceed" in the next box.
10) Click "OK" in the next box.
11) Ask the person who owns the email address in step 7 to check his or her email and click the confirmation link.
12) Repeat steps 2 - 6. In step 6, choose the appropriate emai address from the drop-down menu. Then click "Create filter".
13) You're finished! Go back to the Settings menu to edit or delete your filter.