651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
- Can I work to help pay for my education?
- Are educational loans available to international students?
- Will I have a better chance of being admitted to Macalester if I offer to pay for my first year and apply for financial aid after I have matriculated?
- Should I pursue outside scholarships, and, if I receive them, do I need to notify Macalester?
- Does Macalester offer special or honorary scholarships to international students?
All international students who qualify for financial aid are offered part time campus work as part of their financial aid package. Students generally work between ten and twelve hours per week in an office or department on campus during the academic year.
Yes. We offer a Macalester College International Student Loan to assist students in financing a portion of their educational expenses.
No. Macalester is unable to consider applications for financial aid from international students after they have begun their studies at the college. All candidates are required to submit an accurate and thorough assessment of their financial situation as part of their application for admission to the college.
Yes. All applicants are encouraged to pursue any source of funding that may help them afford their education at Macalester. Money is often available through local, national, regional, and global foundations. To maximize your chances of receiving financial aid from Macalester, it is imperative that you provide us with details of any outside assistance you have obtained.
All financial aid awards for international students are based on need. Because the international admissions process at Macalester is highly competitive, all students who receive financial aid have exceptional academic and personal records. In this sense the Kofi Annan International Scholarship is based on merit as well as need.