651-696-6866 (fax )
1600 Grand Avenue
St. Paul, MN
The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are located at 62 Macalester Street.
Scholarships from Macalester that are not based on a student's demonstrated need for assistance are subject to the following policies and restrictions:
- Non-need-based scholarships awarded to students admitted to Macalester who are United States citizens or Permanent Residents include DeWitt Wallace Scholarships, DeWitt Wallace Distinguished Scholarships, Catharine Lealtad Scholarships, and National Merit Scholarships.
- Non-need-based scholarships awarded to International First Year students are Charles J. Turck Presidential Honor Scholarships. Turck scholarships were first awarded to students admitted to begin study during the 2014-2015 academic year. Turck Scholarships may not be used for Off Campus Study except in cases where the Off Campus Study program is required to meet the graduation requirements of the student's major.
- Non-need-based scholarships are not awarded to transfer students.
- Non-need-based scholarships are awarded at the time a student is admitted to Macalester. No additional non-need-based scholarships are awarded after the initial award is made.
- Non-need-based scholarship amounts are determined at the time of admission and are not adjusted (up or down) in subsequent academic years based on academic performance or price increases.
- Non-need-based scholarships are available for eight full-time semesters.
- There is no minimum grade point average required to renew non-need-based scholarships.
- Students who enroll for fewer than 12 credits during a semester will receive a prorated scholarship for the part-time enrollment. During the part-time semester, the non-need-based scholarship will be adjusted to pay a percentage of tuition that is consistent with the amount paid by the non-need-based scholarship during a full-time semester of the same academic year.
- Exception: students who enroll for fewer than 12 credits in their eighth semester may receive the full non-need-based scholarship for that semester, provided that the full non-need-based scholarship does not exceed the student's part-time tuition. If the full non-need-based scholarship for the semester exceeds the student's part-time tuition, the scholarship will be adjusted to equal 100% of the student's part-time tuition.
- Non-need-based scholarships will be limited to no more than $1000 per year for students who are eligible to receive tuition benefits based on parents' employment including DTAP (Macalester and ACTC schools) or ACM TREP. Non-need-based scholarships are not increased during a semester that the student is ineligible for DTAP/TREP (e.g., less-than-full-time enrollment, off-campus study).
- For students who become eligible for the Veteran's Administration Yellow Ribbon program, non-need-based scholarships will be considered part of Macalester's Yellow Ribbon matching grant. The student's non-need-based scholarship may be renamed as a Yellow Ribbon Matching Grant.
Related: Merit Scholarships