Leonard Center Room 53
Welcome New Students
We are pleased that you are coming to Macalester! This is a community that values health and wellness in a holistic sense. The Health & Wellness Center is here to assist you in realizing your personal health and to contribute to the well-being of the community. One way this is done is to require some information from you, which is described below. Thank you in advance for completing these forms in a timely manner and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.
2016 Health Forms for New Students
Beginning June 1st, 2016 you can visit the Patient Portal to complete the following requirements:
1. Immunizations- required immunizations listed below:
I. Tdap (Tetanus) Booster- received within the last 10 years
II. 2 doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - first dose received after 1st birthday
III. Meningitis Immunization- given after the age of 16
IV. A copy of your immunization records- this can be done by uploading into the portal for Health & Wellness to verify all entered information
2. Forms-required forms listed below can also be found and completed in the portal
I. TB Screen Questionnaire
II. Privacy Notice Form
III. Under 18 Form (if needed)
Documentation of the above requirements must be completed and submitted to the HWC by July 1st, 2016. Please contact us at email@example.com or 651-696-6275 if you are unable to meet this deadline or need assistance of any kind. We do have limited staffing over the summer but we will return your call or email as soon as possible.
Although the portal is the preferred method to submit 2016 Health Forms you are able to access a paper copy to complete and submit via email, by faxing to 651-696-6687 or mailing to 1600 Grand Ave. St. Paul, MN 55105.
PLEASE NOTE: Health & Wellness forms are not the same as the Athletic Department forms
- All students must demonstrate proof of adequate health insurance. YOU MUST WAIVE OUT OF OR ACCEPT THE POLICY between July 5th, 2016 and September 2nd, 2016. NOTE: You will need your student ID number, this can be found on your July bill from Macalester, to complete this step.
- To this end, all students are automatically billed for health insurance on their July 2016 bill.
- If you do not waive out by September 2nd, 2016 you will automatically be enrolled and the charge will remain on your student account. Note: 2016 Information on insurance will activate in July.