Leonard Center Room 53
Welcome New Students
We are pleased that you are coming to Macalester! This is a community that values holistic health and wellness. The Health & Wellness Center (HWC) is here to assist you in realizing your personal health and to contribute to the well-being of the community. One way this is done is to require some information from you, which is described below. Thank you in advance for completing these forms in a timely manner and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.
2016 Health Forms for New Students
Using your Macalester log-in and password you'll be able to log-on to the Macalester Patient Portal to complete the following requirements:
Required immunizations listed below:
- Tdap (Tetanus) Booster - received within the last 10 years
- 2 doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - first dose received after 1st birthday
- Meningitis Immunization - given after the age of 16
- A copy of your immunization records - this can be done by uploading into the portal for Health & Wellness to verify all entered information
Required forms listed below can also be found and completed in the Macalester Patient Portal.
- TB Screen Questionnaire
- Privacy Notice Form
- Under 18 Form (if needed)
Deadline: July 1, 2016
Documentation of the above requirements must be completed and submitted to the HWC by July 1, 2016. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-696-6275 if you are unable to meet this deadline or need assistance. We have limited staffing over the summer but we will return your call or email as soon as possible.
If you are unable to use the portal, visit 2016 Health Forms to access paper copies. Once completed, send to the HWC at email@example.com, 651-696-6687 (fax) or 1600 Grand Ave. St. Paul, MN 55105.
HWC forms are not the same as the Athletic Department forms.
- All students must demonstrate proof of adequate health insurance. You must waive out of or accept the policy between July 5, 2016 and September 2, 2016. To complete this step, you will need your student ID number, which can be found on your July bill from Macalester.
- All students are automatically billed for health insurance on their July 2016 bill.
- If you do not waive out by September 2, 2016 you will automatically be enrolled and the charge will remain on your student account. 2016 information on insurance will activate in July.