Leonard Center Room 53
1. Multitasking is a very good skill, but there does become a point where it becomes too much. Make sure to take time out from studying to relax and refocus, and don't try to study when it can't be done—like when you're eating.
Here's a tip: Enjoy mealtime with friends. Don't take reading or textbooks to dinner; make it your time to socialize and relax. And for the weekend, study someplace new! Go to a coffee shop, library, or a friend's house!
2. Take a quick break from studying and enjoy this video youtube.com/watch?v=VF9-sEbqDvU.
3. Haven't packed for your fall break trip yet? Turn on some music or a show and enjoy the time to yourself while also being productive and packing. Also, if you make a point to give yourself a half hour to pack, you're less likely to forget something.
4. Remember how cool it was when digital cameras came out and you could take a million pictures? Enjoy a flashback and make a point to have a photo booth party with your friends tonight. Turn on some music, and spend five minutes dancing around and taking pictures.
5. Laughter has been shown to have positive effects not only for your funny bone, but also for your mental wellness! Take a couple minutes out of your stressful day to share funny stories with friends.
Here's a tip: Click here for a Halloween-themed laugh.
6. In the midst of midterms, homework, tests, and papers can feel overwhelming and stress can sometimes fuel the fire. Clear your mind and enjoy time with friends so your studying time is more productive. Here's a tip: The sun sets tonight at 6:21 p.m. Take a walk with a friend or by yourself to relax and refocus.
7. Take some time out to engage your mind in a fun activity, like Sudoku! This website has plenty of puzzles for you to do to relax and to stretch your mind! Go to websudoku.com/.
8. Researchers at the University of Bristol discovered that when stressed-out men consumed caffeine by themselves they remained nervous and jittery but caffeine-loading with a group of friends or colleagues alleviated their feelings of stress. Go out with some friends and enjoy a cup of coffee today.
9. Look for new podcasts on iTunes. Many of them are free and they can be a great thing to listen to while getting ready in the morning, doing laundry, or on your way to class.
10. Try something that can just make you laugh. The random name generator: kleimo.com/random/name.cfm.
11. Just in case you don't already know which house you are in: thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html.
12. Take some time to enjoy a walk in the winter snow with some friends before saying goodbye until next year.