1600 Grand Avenue
Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to email@example.com
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
House for Rent
1737 Ashland Avenue, $2,050. Beautiful Craftsman home in wonderful neighborhood, a few blocks from Macalester. Four bedrooms/two baths. Quiet, yet centrally located. Groceries, shops, and many restaurants are just a few blocks away on Grand Avenue. Walking distance to playground/park and library with great amenities for children. Comes furnished. Main floor includes charming living and dining rooms with original woodwork, built-in buffet and cabinets with stained glass, modern fireplace, and hardwood floors; fully equipped kitchen; large, bright family room with skylights; lovely three-season front porch; and covered back porch with fan. Upstairs has three bedrooms plus office nook and full bath. Hardwood floors throughout. Finished basement with rec-room, full bath, large guest room/office, and laundry room. Back yard and 2+ car garage. This is a great block with friendly neighbors who will welcome you during your time here. The location is pleasant and quiet, yet with convenient access to amenities and easy to have a walking lifestyle. Safe, family-friendly neighborhood. Photos. Contact Jessica at 651-900-9531 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 10/5/2015.
House for Sale
1129 Randolph Avenue, $209,000. Beautiful 2-bedroom home in St Paul. Close to freeway, shopping, public transportation and more. Hard wood floors, master suite, updated kitchen, off road and on road parking, private back yard. Contact Nick Hillyard (Listing Agent) at 612.298.7763. Posted 9/28/2015.
Condo for Rent
Three bedroom Condo for rent, $1,350 available 8/15, may be shared among 2-3 renters. Secured-entry. In-unit laundry, Off-Street Parking. Italian tiles in kitchen and bath. West-facing deck. On bus line near Dale and Grand. Easy commute to Macalester, St. Thomas, Wm. Mitchell, United & Children Hospital. Rent includes water, heat, trash/recycling. Contact Maria 651-225-1538. Posted 8.6.2015. Edited 8.7.2015.
House for Sale
244 Macalester St., St. Paul, $389,900. Beautiful 2+ story in prime location. Lots of character-hardwood floors, crown molding, fireplace + built-ins. Kitchen opens to awesome family room. Formal dining w/corner hutches. Private, fenced backyard w/big deck adds excellent outdoor space. Contact email@example.com. Posted 5.1.2015.
House for Sale
1898 Dayton Ave $598,500. Two Houses on one Lot! Chance of a lifetime to own unique Merriam Park home. Stunning three-story masterpiece with additional Craftsman carriage house. Large updated kitchen with eat-in dining, wine cooler, heated floors. Four bedrooms on one level. Fully landscaped with pond & privacy fence. Contact Reed Aronow (Edina Realty), 651-497-5958. Posted 3.20.2015.
Didn't find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.