1600 Grand Avenue
Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
Furnished Apartment for Rent
Near Fairview and St Clair. Spacious and totally renovated lower-level, one bedroom apartment available in a family home. Newer appliances in new kitchen, separate private entrance, patio, off-street parking and in-unit laundry. Lots of storage including shed to store outdoor equipment. Fully Furnished. No Pets. Available August 1. $850/month (includes all utilities, cable and internet). Great walkability to restaurants, grocery stores, Mississippi River. Centrally located between Macalester College, University of St Catherine, and University of St Thomas. Near major bus lines. Contact by email: email@example.com or call 651-341-8903. Posted July 1, 2015.
House for Sale
1807 Goodrich Avenue, $499,900. A Bungalow Fanatic's Dream! Absolutely beautiful untouched natural woodwork, bookcases, built-in bench and buffet, hard to find deep crown molding. Spacious and updated eat-in kitchen open to the main floor family room with gas fireplace. Additional family room in the lower level with heated floors. Back door mud room with 2nd refrigerator is ideal for busy family life. Tons of upgrades! Relaxing open air & enclosed front porch plus backyard patio on an oversized, beautifully landscaped lot. Three car garage! Location, Location, Location! Contact Travis Erickson (REMAX RESULTS), firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 6.25.2015.
House for Sale
244 Macalester St., St. Paul, $389,900. Beautiful 2+ story in prime location. Lots of character-hardwood floors, crown molding, fireplace + built-ins. Kitchen opens to awesome family room. Formal dining w/corner hutches. Private, fenced backyard w/big deck adds excellent outdoor space. Contact email@example.com. Posted 5.1.2015.
House for Sale
1898 Dayton Ave $598,500. Two Houses on one Lot! Chance of a lifetime to own unique Merriam Park home. Stunning three-story masterpiece with additional Craftsman carriage house. Large updated kitchen with eat-in dining, wine cooler, heated floors. Four bedrooms on one level. Fully landscaped with pond & privacy fence. Contact Reed Aronow (Edina Realty), 651-497-5958. Posted 3.20.2015.
Didn't find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.