1600 Grand Avenue
Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
Condo for Rent
Three bedroom Condo for rent, $1,350 available 8/15, may be shared among 2-3 renters. Secured-entry. In-unit laundry, Off-Street Parking. Italian tiles in kitchen and bath. West-facing deck. On bus line near Dale and Grand. Easy commute to Macalester, St. Thomas, Wm. Mitchell, United & Children Hospital. Rent includes water, heat, trash/recycling. Contact Maria 651-225-1538. Posted 8.6.2015. Edited 8.7.2015.
Apartment for Rent
1860 Saint Clair Ave, $1,200. This very unique 2 BR apartment is the upper unit in a turn of the century duplex. It features a large master bedroom with lots of storage space. The second bedroom is facing south and could also be used as a guest room or an office. A large sun room and an open ceiling that connects to an attic space make this apartment one of a kind in this neighborhood. The living room and kitchen are great for entertainment. The bathroom has lots of natural daylight and a spacious walk-in shower. The entire unit was renovated a few years ago. The duplex also has a new heating system and boilers. You will love your utility bill! The location is in walking distance to the three colleges in the area as well as many restaurants and grocery stores. To arrange for a showing, please call Steve at 651-900-0009 or email email@example.com. Posted 8.6.2015.
House for Rent
1330 Lincoln Ave, $2,000, Newly updated, fully fenced, with heated garage, north and south porches. This 3 bedroom, one and 1/4 bath-house is in a quiet neighborhood, half a block from bus stop and within easy walking distance of Macalester College, groceries, restaurants and coffee shops. Contact Valerie, 651.900-0902. Posted 7.16.2015.
House for Sale
244 Macalester St., St. Paul, $389,900. Beautiful 2+ story in prime location. Lots of character-hardwood floors, crown molding, fireplace + built-ins. Kitchen opens to awesome family room. Formal dining w/corner hutches. Private, fenced backyard w/big deck adds excellent outdoor space. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 5.1.2015.
House for Sale
1898 Dayton Ave $598,500. Two Houses on one Lot! Chance of a lifetime to own unique Merriam Park home. Stunning three-story masterpiece with additional Craftsman carriage house. Large updated kitchen with eat-in dining, wine cooler, heated floors. Four bedrooms on one level. Fully landscaped with pond & privacy fence. Contact Reed Aronow (Edina Realty), 651-497-5958. Posted 3.20.2015.
Didn't find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.