We highly recommend that you use the format of the sample application and budget template when designing your project. You will also find the criteria that the IGCSC will use to evaluate proposals and award funding.
The IGCSC is dedicated to helping students create successful applications. It is strongly recommended that applicants discuss ideas with IGCSC members before submitting the applications. Please direct questions to email@example.com with “Questions about Live It! – Your Name” in the subject line.
All decisions on Live It! Fund applications are made through a consensus process by the IGCSC. Projects are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Clear articulation and vision for how project develops the applicant’s conceptualization of, and ability to
enact, global citizenship
- Project feasibility/realistic and executable logistical plan
- Project sustainability through personal growth and community relationships
- Clear and executable plan for sharing project with the Macalester community
- Clearly articulated framework of how the project’s success will be measured by applicant
- Well-reasoned budget for the purposes of the project
- Appropriate amount of time and money for stated goals
- Strong vision for collaborative plan that cultivates a respectful relationship with community partner(s)
- Qualifications: relevant past experience and ethical approach