Have an idea? Get it funded. Put it into action.
Application deadlines will be forthcoming.
What type of projects does The Action Fund support?
The Action Fund supports innovative, community engagement projects initiated and led by students. These can either be in direct collaboration with existing organizations or independent projects proposed by students to benefit the greater community beyond Macalester students.
We are seeking innovative and creative ideas. The grant gives priority to students who are helping to pilot new programs or new concepts within existing organizations or are innovative ideas that a student wants to attempt to implement independently.
History of the Action Fund
The Action Fund was established in 2001 by alumni who wanted to continue to support students’ engagement in the world. The Action Fund is an endowed fund established to provide financial support to student-initiated, student-led community service activities.
- What problem are you trying to solve? The proposal has a clearly defined problem/or previously unmet need.
- Why will your project solve the problem? The project proposed solves the problem/need identified.
- What is innovative about this idea? How does this project seek to solve a new problem, propose a new solution to an old problem or explore a different way of solving the problem? If you are working with an existing organization, how is the idea novel or represent a turning point within the organization?
- How will you measure success? The project has clearly defined ways to measure success.
- What are the risks to the success of the project? The application explores potential risks and barriers to success.
- When will you accomplish this and with what resources? The application must include a timeline for implementation and budget.
- Why you? Students must include an essay outlining why they have the experience necessary to do this and why they are interested in their idea.
Grants are given from $100-$1000. If students demonstrate a successful first phase of a larger project, they are allowed to request additional funding for further expansion of their project. There is a separate application for additional funding.
For more information
Please contact Kate Ryan Reiling, Entrepreneur in Residence, for more information: email@example.com.