SPRING - FEBRUARY 19, 2014
All proposals must be submitted BY EMAIL no later than midnight on the deadline. Proposals must meet the selection criteria listed above and follow the formatting guidelines listed below. Proposals should be no longer than the page limits indicated.
Submit your proposal to:
Karin Trail-Johnson, Civic Engagement Center
Subject line: The Action Fund
1. Title Page (limit one page)
Using your own format, please provide the following information:
- Project Title Lead student(s) name, address, phone, email and class year. Please indicate the primary contact person
- Student organization affiliation for the project, if applicable
- Primary partner organization
- Short (2 - 3 sentence) summary of the project
- Total amount of project funding requested.
2. Project Description (limit two pages)
- Please describe your project, the community issue your project will address and the intended impact. Explicitly describe how it addresses the 1) action and 2) education requirements of this grant.
- Please include one to three briefly stated project objectives. What will happen as an outcome if this project is completed? Outline the steps you will take to assure your intended outcome. How would one identify success?
- Please briefly describe the student(s) who will lead the project. How will additional students get involved in the project as participants or leaders?
- Who in the off-campus community wants you to do this project? Describe the relationships you have with relevant community organization representatives and their support for the project (also see “Community Support” below).
- How will the project or its outcomes be sustained past the grant period? Are there "lasting legacies" you hope to create through this project?
3. Community Support (limit one page)
Please include an email or letter of support from a community organization (e.g. non-profit, K-12 school) involved with your project. One or two paragraphs is sufficient. Ask your community partner to comment on their involvement in helping plan the project and their interest in seeing it completed.
4. Project Budget (limit one page)
Please be detailed and separately list each item for which you are requesting funding, and the cost of each item. Please include a description for any item that is not self-explanatory. If other funds in addition to The Action Fund grant will support the project, please describe those.
5. Attachments (five page limit) optional
If you choose, you may attach supporting documents that help clarify your project ideas (e.g. letters of recommendation from on-campus or off-campus partners, promotional materials, etc.)