The Live It! Fund seeks to enable students to:
- design and live out their own definitions of global citizenship;
- develop the individual’s (or group’s) capacity to enact social change;
- contribute to the common good;
- bring your project back to Mac and share your discoveries here.
Jterm proposals fund up to $2,000 and summer proposals fund up to $10,000.
APPLY for summer 2016 funding- APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
You can access the LIF application rubric here.
Sunday, February 28, 2016, 11:59PM
- Feb 28,2016 by 11:59 pm: Application deadline
- March 25: Final decisions will be announced
- March 31, April 5, and April 14: Required project orientation sessions over lunch
- During summer 2016 academic break: Projects carried out
- September 16, 2016: All financial reporting is due
- Late September and early October: Two presentations sessions with other summer recipients
- Projects must take place during the summer 2016 term.
- Any Macalester student who is enrolled full time in Spring 2016 and Fall 2016 is eligible to apply.
- Students studying abroad during the fall semester of 2016 may also apply.
- Students will be asked to reflect and blog about their experiences to share with the broader Macalester community.
- Upon returning to campus, students will be asked to provide 4 high-res pictures, a summary and quotes about their experience.
- Students will be asked to present their experiences to the broader Macalester community early fall semester.
- Students must finalize all financials which includes the following: scheduling a meeting with administrative staff to review completed travel expense form and receipts and sending an electronic copy of completed travel expense form at least 2 days prior to the meeting
- We recognize that projects and funding proposals will change. You must stay in contact with IGC staff regarding theses changes.
Please email Jody Emmings at email@example.com or talk to an IGC student council representative.