The Live It! Fund seeks to enable students to:
- design and live out their own definitions of global citizenship;
- develop the individual’s (or group’s) capacity to enact social change;
- contribute to the common good;
- bring your project back to Mac and share your discoveries here.
Jterm proposals fund up to $2,000 and summer proposals fund up to $10,000.
[Application for Live It Fund 2016 is now closed]
Monday, November 9, 2015, 11:59PM
- Nov 9th,11:59 pm: Applications due
- Nov 19th: Final decisions about awarded grants will be announced
- December 3rd, 11:30-1pm: required session on community engagement and budget held in Davis Court
- December 10th, 11:30-1pm: required session on idea implementation in Davis Court
- Over J-Term: Projects carried out
- February 5th: all financial reporting is due
- February 16th, 11:30-1pm: Presentations with other January funding recipients held in Davis Court
- Projects must take place during the winter term or after spring semester of the 2015-2016 academic year. Students may only apply for funding for one project per term.
- Any Macalester student who is enrolled full time in Spring 2016 is eligible to apply.
- Students studying abroad during the fall semester of 2016 may also apply
- Students will be asked to reflect and blog about their experiences to share with the broader Macalester community.
- Upon returning to campus, students will be asked to provide 4 high-res pictures and quotes about their experience.
- Students will be asked to present their experiences on February 16th to the broader Macalester community.
- By February 5th, students must finalize all financials which includes the following: scheduling a meeting with administrative staff to review completed travel expense form and receipts and sending an electronic copy of completed travel expense form at least 2 days prior to the meeting
Please note, we recognize that projects and funding proposals will change. We request that you stay in contact with Live It! staff regarding theses changes.
Please email email@example.com