Kagin Commons, First Floor
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily, 1:30-3 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Internships are an integral part of a Macalester College liberal arts education. The Academic Internship Program facilitates structured, off-campus, learning-work experiences for students in a wide range of community organizations in the Twin Cities and around the world. Internships help students integrate theory and knowledge gained in the classroom with real world applications that develop professional skills, increase confidence, and heighten career awareness.
Students are encouraged to participate in:
- Volunteer work in the community coordinated through the Civic Engagement Center and various student organizations;
- Service learning activity or community-based research connected to coursework;
- Classes that have structured internship experiences embedded into the course design;
- Informal non-credit internships or work experiences that provide valuable, relevant experience, but that do not earn academic credit;
- International, study abroad programs that may incorporate an experiential component or independent internship.
- Help finding an internship
- Resume development
- Interview skills
- Registering for academic credit
- Evaluating the internship