Kagin Commons, First Floor
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily, 1:30-3 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
We actively promote internships to Macalester students by distributing postings to the most relevant departments, who in turn send them on to their majors and minors. Postings are always accessible through our website.
There are two methods for submitting your internship posting to Macalester College.
Use MC2, our online database
You will be asked to initially register as an “employer” and then enter your postings. Once registered, you may enter multiple postings or go online any time to update, alter, or re-submit a posting.
MC2 allows you to reach Macalester students and alumni exclusively.
Note: Macalester is also part of the Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN), a consortium of 33 top liberal arts colleges in the U.S. that share job and internship postings. Posting here will access all of these schools (most are on the East Coast, but LACN does include Macalester, Carleton, and St. Olaf here in Minnesota).
Email us a Position Description
Please include the following information and we will add it to the Macalester College Job and Internship Database. Please make sure you include the following information:
- Basic information about your organization (location, industry, mission, etc.)
- Position name and role within the organization
- Description of the expected tasks and responsibilities
- Number of weekly hours expected to accomplish the work
- Expected qualifications
- Paid or unpaid?
- Contact person's name and contact info (phone, fax, mail and email addresses)
- URL if available
- Any other relevant information you would like to share. Feel free to send brochures, applications, and/or posters
We highly recommend you re-submit your position periodically by email or the online database throughout the year in anticipation of the term you wish to host an intern. Students tend to focus only on new/current positions, and databases archive postings beyond a certain age.
Consider updating/submitting position information at the following times:
- August for the Fall term (starts first week of Sept.)
- October/November for the January term
- October through January for the Spring term (starts last week of January)
- February/March for Summer
Please contact Michael Porter (Internship Director) with questions at email@example.com or 651-696-6251.