Kagin Commons, First Floor
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Youth: Education resources for Latino youth.
- Internships with the City: Explore careers in public service and get acquainted with basic government operations in New York City.
- Institute for Humane Studies: Free Summer Seminars
- Youth at the United Nations: Internships
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO)
Connect with eco-employers who care about the environment and have green jobs to fill.
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service: Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships: On-the-job learning opportunities in sustainable and organic agriculture in the U.S. and Canada. Connects farmers with apprentices.
- Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge (SEEK)
- Learn How to Become: Green Internships: Guide to Renewable Energy and Sustainability Careers
For an overview of the process, view this brief presentation, Finding an Internship in the Federal Government
Watch the How to Create a Strong Federal Resume webinar. When promoted, enter the password 13gogovernment. View the Fall 2013 Go Government Webinar Series Powerpoint that may be used in conjunction with the webinar.
USAJOBS.gov: The government's official jobs website. Please note that some federal agencies do not list their internships here, so students should also visit the websites of agencies that are of particular interest.
- U.S. Department of State Careers: Students
- U.S. Department of State Student Internship Brochure Describes program and application process
- Go Government Great site for identifying career options in the Federal Govt. Includes a tool for searching jobs and internships by major.
- Internship Websites by Federal Agency
Links to internship websites for various agencies. Divided by government department.
- Call to Serve
Explore a number of resources outlining the nature and benefits of public service positions
Call to Serve's eNews
Monthly email newsletter designed to educate the Call to Serve Community about the federal workforce.
- American Red Cross’ volunteer opportunities
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Programs (LSSURP): A University of Minnesota program to encourage undergraduates to conduct serious life sciences research. Most participants do not attend the University of Minnesota.
- Macalester's Health Professions Advising/Taylor Fellowships
- Neighborhood Health Care Network's clinic directory
Finding an International Internship: Macalester's guide to finding international internships
International Program Directory: Websites to search for international internship opportunities
Internships in the UK: Find student placements and internship opportunities in the UK
- Macalester College Study Abroad
- Unite for Sight Certificate in Cultural Competency: Gain cultural competency and awareness before traveling abroad
- Scholarships, Grants, & Funding Sources in Int'l Education and Other Disciplines: A guide from the University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center
- Skidmore Career Services Links to more resources
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
Search for jobs or internships at numerous nonprofit organizations around the state
- Nonprofit Career Network
U.S. organizations seeking volunteers. Some list internships as well, but feel free to ask any organization if they would consider setting up an internship even they are not listed.
- Springboard for the Arts
Announces openings from arts-friendly organizations and companies, primarily in MN
- The Pluralism Project at Harvard
Summer Internships: Research and write case studies on religious pluralism in the U.S.
- Brookings: Research in economic studies, governance, etc.