Kagin Commons, First Floor
+1 651-696-6806 fax
International Student Programs serves the educational and personal development needs of its international student body. This involves integrating international students into all aspects of college life, helping them participate in and contribute to Macalester's high quality liberal arts education, and assisting them to apply their learning to their own lives and cultural contexts. It also includes helping create an intellectually and culturally supportive environment among students, faculty and staff, and assisting the college and community gain from the presence of students from different countries and cultures.
International Student Programs carries out the U.S. government-mandated functions that allow Macalester to issue documents for international students to attend the college, including assisting international students maintain their legal status and access resources and opportunities allowed by U.S. law.
International Student Programs Goals
- Excellence in academic achievement
- Effectiveness in interpersonal relations across cultures
- Group and task effectiveness across cultures
- Retention, graduation and continued involvement with Macalester
- Successful re-integration and application of the Macalester education in home countries and cultures (or application and further adaptation of this education in the United States)