Kagin Commons, First Floor
+1 651-696-6806 fax
How do I get a Social Security Number (SSN)?
Replace a lost or missing Social Security Card (SSC)?
Change incorrect information on my SSC?
To do any of the above, you must go in person to the Social Security Card Center located in Minneapolis. The hours are Monday through Friday 9 to 4. It is often more busy on Fridays and Mondays, and after 3 p.m. Wednesdays are typically the best days. You must bring with you the following:
- I-20 (or DS-2019)
- I-94 (Can be retrieved online at this link)
- Completed SS-5 Form
- Supervisor and DSO Attestations Form (on letterhead) stating:
- Title of your on-campus job
- Number of hours you work
- Date you started working
- Your supervisor's contact information and signature
- DSO confirmation of your F1 student status
Location of the Social Security Card Center
The Twin Cities Card Center
1811 Chicago Avenue, Suite 2 - Minneapolis, MN 55404 Map